Interview with Jenille and Mike - The Jugglin Bubblers
1. What is your Afterglow 2018 project called? Could you describe it? What is its inspiration?
Our Afterglow Project is called Equilibrium. It is an interactive circus performance including juggling, hat manipulation, bubbles and more. Our inspiration came from the bubbles themselves: always moving to find that perfect balance.
2. Tell us a little bit about yourself, where you live, and your creativity.
We are The Jugglin Bubblers - a circus duo based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We have been performing unique, all ages, circus shows together since 2014. We specialize in Juggling , Hat Manipulation, and bubble art. Our performances have taken us across Canada , USA , and Costa Rica.
3. How do you feel Afterglow makes an impact on Bridgewater?
We feel that Afterglow makes an impact on Bridgewater by bringing the community together and by making art accessible. Both of these things create the most inspiring atmosphere!
4. Why have you chosen to take part in this year's festival?
We chose to return to Afterglow because the community was so welcoming, and the experience we had connecting last year was absolutely beautiful! The joy and excitement that fills the street is the best!
5. What are you looking forward to most in this year's festival?
This year we are looking forward to bringing new and exciting tricks and play to Afterglow, along with seeing all of the other amazing projects and shows.
Interview and blog compiled by Jordan Beck Crouse
Afterglow Art Festival
Tidbits of information about this years festival! Make sure to check back for interviews by local artists taking part!