Interview with Kristen Lewis
1. What is your Afterglow 2018 project called? Could you describe it What is its inspiration?
The Lewinskies are from the South Shore of Nova Scotia. Kristen (Hatt) Lewis writes, plays and sings with an accordion and her husband, Matthew, accompanies on guitar. Our writing inspirations come from people who are trying to make a difference in this world.
2. Tell us a little bit about yourself, where you live, and your creativity.
Kristen was born on PEI but moved all around Canada while growing up and as a young person. Matthew was born on The Rock but also moved to mainland Nova Scotia. Matthew & Kristen decided to have a family in a small town instead of the big city. Kristen has been involved in music since the mid '90s recording with bands such as Matt Mays, The Heavy Blinkers, and many projects with Feswick Productions. Kristen is an artist jumping back and forth between two icebergs in the middle of the ocean - one called music, and the other called art.
3. How do you feel Afterglow makes an impact on Bridgewater?
Afterglow is a wonderful gathering of artists! There are artists and musicians in every inch of this province, and Afterglow puts Bridgewater on the map as a creative centre.
4. Why have you chosen to take part in this year's festival?
The Lewinskies support all creative efforts. When artists come together and work together, sharing ideas, then everyone can move forward together.
5. What are you looking forward to most in this year's festival?
The Lewinskies look forward to meeting new musician friends and seeing new art on display on the streets of Bridgewater. Bravo to the community of artists who put this event on!! You rock!!!
Interview and blog compiled by Jordan Beck Crouse